Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

What Will You Render?

What is the first thing that you think of when you hear the word "render"?
Do you think about 3D graphics being produced on a computer? Do you think of a calculator processing numbers? Do you think of a translator taking a foreign language by ear and speaking it into your native tongue? Do you think of handing something over to someone else?

Of all those different things, I am talking about the last.
So when I ask the question, "What will you render?" I am getting to a very specific point.
I don't care if you put it into some particular set of terms that you can easily relate to, only because the point isn't lost by doing so. The point is about what you are willing to give up and also why you are willing.

To some people the art of giving is a matter of willful surrender to rendering unconditionally and not only to those you feel a connection with. To others it is a duty and maybe an expression that should be seen in society as a whole instead of just the individuals. Then there are people who are just flat out against it for various reasons, the most common being that they don't like being taken advantage of.
I fall somewhere in the middle.. I feel it is important to render my time and affection to people who love me and I also feel it is important to render my excess to those in need. I am very against being taken advantage of, so I render rejection to those who show in inability to be good stewards with the resources I hand over or the time I can't get back.
I'm also on the fence as to if my mannerism is appropriate or not.. However, it doesn't mean I can't ask my question without suggesting hypocrisy.

One of the most awesome points to life that I can't escape the thought of is how an individual is given most of everything they have or acquire. To some degree there is an accountability of their own efforts being the result of what they obtain, but it is foolish to say they didn't do it without help of some kind.. Be it the energy they use to do labor, the intelligence they utilize to discover something, or the influence to motivate them to do something in return (whatever it may be, loving or hateful or something different). In a cruel sense of what reality proves, we can perpetuate something in some form of another, but we can't lay claim to be the absolute originator of what we perpetuate.
I have a hard time with it when it comes to my artistic sense of creativity, because I know nothing is truly original other than my way of combining elements that have always existed. We can thank the natural world for that paradox. I suppose to have absolute originality would mean to touch on the more definite attribute of the divine.

Despite not having the ability to be completely original, we can still show immense uniqueness and sincerity through what we render through action. One of the more powerful things about human influence is within the psychology of judgment. We judge the sincerity of affection based on action and we judge the severity of negativity by personal feeling. The two are somewhat synonymous in the realm of our psychology even though the responses greatly differ when considering emotions.
It would be more of a surprise to an individual to be hated for an act of sincere kindness than for murderous intent. Just as it would be more of a surprise for a society to welcome a painfully slow destruction than enlightening sophistication. Yet we all know of those few individuals who defy logic in such a way that we wonder if their intent can only be defined as insanely malicious. After all.. How often do we reject a gift that we know is good and don't regret it if we didn't know what it was about at the time of rejection? Isn't it that basic understanding that helps separate the crazy people from the reasonable?

No need to get upset about what may seem like my suggesting there is etiquette to how anything is rendered, if anything at all. I think it is a personal choice that make all the difference in the world to cause and effect. I'll keep away from the idea of karma, only because I think that is a state of being that's based on how the world and people respond to your behavior. I certainly don't want to give weight to the attitude of the self-righteous philanthropist and I don't want to demean the silent guardians who wait for a need to arise and a fight to bring out the underdog.
However you look at it isn't the point.. It's just that you look at it at all.

For me, I will render my skills and excess to anyone who is willing to receive with good intent.
I refuse to render my treasure to savages who can't appreciate it, let alone make it more valuable and then pass it on in a similar manner.
That's just me, it's not a way of life I'm suggesting is or should be the norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment